These Creamy Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos were born out of a night of desperation. I generally stick to trying new recipes or old favorites while my husband is in town and not traveling, but when he goes out of town we resort to breakfast for dinner, tacos, spaghetti, and Trader Joes freezer aisle foods. I have one child that will eat anything you put in front of him and one child who thinks chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs are a legitimate food group. So I make it easy on myself while single parenting and make foods I know they will love.
On one such night I didn’t want to make taco meat, or even get near the stove and pulled out a rotisserie chicken and decided to make nachos. Who doesn’t like those? To dress up the meat and more importantly make it so it didn’t get too dry in the oven I tossed the chicken with sour cream and traditional taco spices. Then topped some chips with it. The end result was surprisingly so delicious. And I didn’t even touch my stove top. They were such a hit we made them again when Daddy got back into town. And they have been requested multiple times since. It’s a fun meal where we all just use our hands and grab what we want from the pan, sometimes if we feel fancy we’ll even pull out a plate to put our food on.
- 1 rotisserie chicken (I like to buy the organic ones), meat pulled of and shredded with hands
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 mini sweet peppers or 1 small bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot or 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 9 oz tortilla chips
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 C sour cream + more for toppings
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees with your oven rack on the bottom third of the oven.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Mix the sour cream with the oregano, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper. Toss in the chicken and mix to combine.
- Spread chips in an even layer on the sheet pan. Top with the black beans, bell pepper, and onions. Then spread the chicken evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the cheese over and place it in the oven to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Once you pull it out of the oven, top with with the lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado.
- Serve on plates or out of the pan. We like to pass around pickled jalapenos to those who want additional heat.
Useful Tools to Make this recipe:
(I am an Amazon Affiliate)
Looking for recipes to go along with this? Check these out!