The holidays are stressful enough without having to figure out what to serve as an appetizer. Look no further than this really easy and quick Cranberry Pepper Jelly. It’s only got four ingredients and one of them is not gelatin. You could certainly use gelatin to make this store longer on the shelf or if you were canning. I prefer to leave it out since this is usually made only a few days or hours in advance at our house.
If you are a fan of pepper jelly you will love this entertaining twist. The tangy cranberries work wonderfully with spicy jalapeños. I love balancing it out by using it to top silky cream cheese. Serve with crackers and voila! A festive and delicious appetizer that no one else will have on their holiday table this year.
I tried making this with only one jalapeño and while it was delicious, it lacked that little kick of heat that I love so I prefer to use two jalapeños. You do you. My heat tolerance is pretty high. I hope you enjoy this fun appetizer this holiday season!
- 1 C Fresh Cranberries
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C water
- 2 jalapeños (seeds removed), diced small
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- Crackers for serving
- Bring the water and sugar to a rolling boil in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling add in the jalapeño and cranberries. Bring back to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Continue to heat for about 8-10 minutes. Mine usually only takes 8. Watch it to turn thick, and the cranberries to burst.
- Lightly press on the cranberries with the back of the spoon to pop a few. Put in a bowl and allow the mixture to cool for at least 30 minutes. Or it can be refrigerated for later use. Just bring the jelly back up to room temperature.
- Place the cream cheese on a plate. Top with the warm or room temp Cranberry Pepper Jelly. Serve alongside some crackers.
Need Other Entertaining Appetizer Ideas? Check out these Delicious Recipes: