This post may contain affiliate links.
Don’t let the name fool you, Roasted Beet & Burrata Salad is incredibly easy to make. It’s one of those salads that I serve as a side dish but is the star of the meal. It’s incredible easy, stunningly beautiful and full of delicious flavor. If you’ve never tried burrata you must. It’s near mozzarella cheese and packed in water like fresh mozzarella. It’s filled with cheese and cream and is so incredibly lush. I find it at Whole Foods easily, but if you can’t find it, fresh mozzarella cheese torn apart will work just fine.
I hate when people say they don’t like beets when all they have ever had is pickled beets. It’s a totally different taste. If you fall into this category please give this dish a try. Roasted beets are amazing!
I roast my beets wrapped in foil and placed on a small sheet pan for about an hour. I like the color combo of red beets, but mix it up with golden beets as well. After the beets have roasted I run them under cold water and peel them with my hands. The skin slides right off very easily. Drizzle this beauty with some balsamic glaze and olive oil and you have a great dish on your hands.
I also think this would make a great main meal if topped with grilled chicken breasts. The cheese and balsamic mixed with the chicken, yum. Okay enough, go make it.
- 4 medium sized beets
- 5 oz lettuce
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped beets on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for one hour. They will be done once a fork can easily pierce the beets through the foil.
- Pull them out of the oven and run them under cold water. Once they are cool enough to handle unwrap the beets and place in a bowl of ice water. Grab one beet at a time and use your hands to get the skins off. I like to do this under running water. Place the beets on a cutting board and cut off both ends. Then slice into quarters or eighths depending on the beets size.
- Place the lettuce in a large serving platter. Top the lettuce with the beet slices. Cut the burrata into pieces or tear it over the platter with your hands. You want the cheese evenly distributed around the platter.
- Drizzle with the olive oil then the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.