Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used
I love lemon desserts. They are especially refreshing after a heavy meal, and in the summer I can’t think of anything I love more to finish off a meal. Especially one that was cooked on the grill. This tart combines an almond flour crust with lemon curd and fresh whipped cream. It sits in the fridge until you are ready to serve so it’s nice and cool. I like to top mine with fresh raspberries and blueberries but you could use any kind of berry. I also like to garnish it with fresh sprigs of mint from the garden.
For this dessert you will need a tart pan. To get the dessert out of the pan you need to have a tart pan with a removable bottom. This pan is one I have used and love. Even though it is non stick I would still give it a good spray with non stick spray before putting my crust in.
- ½ C crushed graham crackers (about 3 sheets)
- 2 C almond flour
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 10-12 oz jar lemon curd
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP powdered sugar
- ¼ C fresh blueberries
- ¼ C fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. About 1 minute on high. Whisk in salt and brown sugar to break up the lumps. Stir in flour and graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine. Mixture should feel and look like wet sand and clump together when pressed. Pour into a greased tart pan. Press the sides in first and then pat down the bottom. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the Heavy hipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer of with a hand held mixer until it is just starting to thicken. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until it holds stiff peaks. Using a spatula, gently fold the lemon curd into the whipped cream. Continue to fold until it is all incorporated. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust. Top with the berries and any other garnished you want to add and then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.