I have fallen in love with this easy low carb and delicious Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe. It’s filling, full of flavor and takes under 15 minutes to make. That’s all a win win in my book.Jump to Recipe
Fresh ingredients like ginger root, and green onions get sautéed with sesame oil, and garlic. The base of this is full of delicious Asian flavors. Then I brown a ground meat of choice. My favorite is pork, but you can use ground turkey or ground chicken as well. It all gets mixed in with fresh green cabbage and broccoli slaw mix. Then topped with soy sauce and fish sauce for the incredible umami flavor and salty bite.
Egg Roll in a Bowl combines all the ingredients from the inside of a crunchy fried egg roll. Just in an easier and healthier way. It can feed your entire family too. And if it’s just you around, trust me You’ll still want to make the entire recipe. The leftovers reheat to perfection with a blitz in the microwave.
I love using my Calphalon non stick wok to make this recipe. It’s large and perfect for all that cabbage and broccoli slaw. You can use my affiliate link to check it out here: https://amzn.to/2I0hD0v It’s non stick so it’s great for also making my Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp since the scrambled egg in that recipe won’t stick, and the lid makes sure everything gets nice and soft if it needs to. If you don’t have a big wok use a large sauté pan or a dutch oven.
If you haven’t ever purchased broccoli slaw and are wondering what it is just look over by the shredded lettuce and pre shredded Cole slaw section at your grocery store. Broccoli slaw is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a glorious bag full of shredded carrots, broccoli, and purple cabbage. It’s easy convenient and healthy.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root grated
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage finely shredded
- 1 pkg broccoli slaw mix 12 oz
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 lb ground pork (turkey or chicken)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large wok, skillet or dutch oven heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger, and green onions. Cook for thirty seconds to one minute. Add in the ground meat and cook until browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Toss in the cabbage, broccoli slaw, fish sauce and soy sauce. Stir well, then cover loosely with a lid for five minutes until the veggies are just soft. Serve warm in bowls and top with sesame seeds if desired.