This post may contain affiliate links.
Eggs are the perfect breakfast option in my humble opinion. They keep me full all the way until lunch, they are amazingly healthy for you and full of important protein to not only get your mind in the right place to start your day, but also your body. I sometimes have a problem making smart choices in the morning. Just drinking coffee will not cut it. I love eggs but sometimes just don’t feel like I have the time. That’s where these Avocado Egg Salad Toasts come in. They are so easy to make, can easily be doubled, and have only four ingredients: bread, avocado, hard boiled eggs, and salt. Easy. See? For an added bonus you can boil several eggs ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for the week.
Kosher salt is perfect with these. To kick them up a notch instead of Kosher Salt I’ve started using this Seasoned Salt. Not only is it perfect on these toasts, it’s AMAZING on scrambled eggs. People ask what I am putting on the eggs and these toasts and I always let them in on my secret. The Grind to a Salt has sea salt, mustard seed, celery seed, & garlic. It just adds such a great flavor. I can’t recommend it enough.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado (peeled and pit removed)
- 1 slice of bread
- kosher salt to taste (or the salt I mentioned in the post)
- chives (optional)
- Place the egg in a small saucepan and fill it with water. Place on the stove and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn of the heat, move the pot to another part of the stove top that is cool and cover the pot with the lid. Set the timer for 12 minutes.
- While the egg is cooking, place the bread in the toaster and toast for about three minutes or so until it's nicely golden brown and crisp.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado into a bowl. When the timer is done for the egg, rinse it with cool water and peel the egg shell. Place the egg in the bowl with the avocado and mash with the fork.
- When everything is mixed well add in the salt to taste. I'd say about 1/8 tsp kosher salt. Spread this on top of the toast and top it with the chopped chives.